Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Giver, receiver, or both?

I don't mind giving but not receiving, but I mind it when I give and its not being appreciated or acknowledged. Just an acknowledgement,
that's all I need.



In life, you can choose to give in alot into a relationship, but the other party still gets to choose. To receive, return or ignore.

Regarding these matters, I always try to make my decision as clear as possible to the other party. Its just not right to get these things muddled up -- Its not nice to expect something but get nothing in return, or expect nothing but get something (it makes you feel bad that the relationship does not mean as much to you)

Its not called true friendship unless both sides are willing to contribute. Something one sided can still be friendship, but can never be true friendship.




Let me look back at all the ties I call 'friendship'. Have I been a giver, a receiver, or both? I never fail to acknowledge, at least.

Is it right for me to think about who to give more to and who to give less to? Should I do that according to how much I receive (it shows you how much you mean to the person), or how much I FEEL like giving?



& because I think this way, I truly admire those who give but expect nothing in return.


That's why I like long bus rides with my notebook, pen and ipod.

No comments: